Wednesday 27 May 2009

The Three Tuns




The pub as seen from further down Lee Croft.
Right on the corner of Silver Street Head and Lee Croft sits one of Sheffield's more interesting looking pubs. I couldn't find its year of establishment but one website says it dates back to the 1700s, although I would have suspected mid-1800s. The site does say there was apparently a pub that stood on the same spot before the current one and that there is in-depth rumours of ghostly goings-on.
I have only drank in there once (which is surprising as I work around the corner) but it seems a lovely little pub and is always packed after work.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying looking through your blog - I'm contemplating University of Sheffield for September, so I'm interested in the everyday life of the city. Even the first few posts here is giving me a better idea.

Leif Hagen said...

Fun photo! What happened to the building? Did it get squished? Nice blog - Kind regards from EAGAN daily photo in Minnesota, USA

SDP said...

Thanks - no, not been knocked down. Still there, nice little boozer.

All photos © 2009 - 2016 Sheffield Daily Photo

Please leave a comment if you'd like to use any of them, thanks.