Friday 29 May 2009

From pillar to post




Georgian pillar box on Asline Rd.
Bit annoyed this morning, my phone battery went as I was walking to work so I only had time to take one pic. I was relying on the morning walk for today's photo because I'm busy all afternoon/evening.
But hey, the sun was out, it's payday and I'm finishing work at lunchtime... and I took a picture of a post box?!
Only on closer inspection of the photo I found it to be a George V pillar box, so it dates between 1910 and 1936. They're not so rare, but there's less of them than the boxes installed since Elizabeth II has been on the throne. I like it when things survive time, conditions and adversity.

0 Comments:

All photos © 2009 - 2016 Sheffield Daily Photo

Please leave a comment if you'd like to use any of them, thanks.