Monday 1 June 2009

Peace before the storm




The Town Hall eclipsed by the Peace Garden perimeter waterfalls.
As another scorcher of a day was starting in Sheffield I was thinking that I'd take a picture of the Peace Gardens, but later on on my way home at about half 5. This way I could capture the mass hysteria that is the fountains, and all who play in them, surrounded by all the afternoon sunbathers on the lawns. As I looked to see what time it was on the Town Hall clock, I saw this view and decided to snap this as well.
I did walk past later as all the kids were playing and the non-kids were lounging, but I just preferred the view in the morning. Even though I walk passed it everyday when it's not busy, it just seemed even more peaceful this morning, knowing how hectic it would be later on.

0 Comments:

All photos © 2009 - 2016 Sheffield Daily Photo

Please leave a comment if you'd like to use any of them, thanks.